This list is copied from my piano student announcement.
To encourage economic growth locally and community outreach in terms of Arts Advocacy, I am extending one credit monthly to each student who gets out to enjoy any of these venues or events in our local community:
– Duke Piano Performances
– Any other College/University Music or Art Performance or Panel Discussion
– Museum Tours
– Educational Library Events
– Historically Significant Venues
– Education Parks or Forests
– First Friday Downtown Raleigh
– Third Fridays Downtown Durham
+ Anything of the sort in the local/metro area
(Chapel Hill/Knightdale/Wake Forest, Willow Springs, Fuquay-Varina, etc.)
To redeem credit, bring me an informational token or souvenir from your visit and we will have a short conversation about it prior to the lesson.
*Credits expire at the end of each month, with the exception of events enjoyed between lessons during the final week of each month and first week of the following month.
**Credits cannot be combined with credits from missed absences.
***Additional credits per month may also extend to photography inquiries. For personal-use consumer portraiture, event coverage, business, real estate photography and digital editing requests, the final session price is cut by 50%. (All other community outreach collaborations remain donation-based.)
To encourage economic growth for local farmers as well as to develop an understanding of which plants grow seasonally in the area, I encourage you also to visit any local farmer’s market, usually late April until winter. Here is a list of a few:
– State Farmer’s Market (1201 Agriculture St, Raleigh, NC 27603) Open Daily
– Raleigh Downtown Farmer’s Market (400 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601)
Open Wednesdays from 10am-2pm (Late April thru winter)
– Wake Forest Farmer’s Market (Saturdays)
– Knightdale Farmer’s Market (Saturdays)
– Clayton Farm and Community Market (348 E Main St, Clayton, NC 27520)